Consulting Psychologist for Charter and Independent Schools, NYC
I’ve spent 20 years in the school system as a School Psychologist, and even though I have retired from my full-time position, I want to continue to share my knowledge and experience to benefit your school and its students. I’m passionate about the service I provide to schools, and I’ve found a way to contribute as a consultant.
Consulting Services can be provided for:
- Behavioral or learning difficulties of individual students.
- Individual teachers with classroom management issues.
- Issues dealing with individual parents.
- Outside referrals for mental health and learning issues.
Providing support on a school wide basis by:
- Assessment and recommendations for overall school issues (ie. classroom management, discipline policy, improving communication with staff and parents).
- Assessing overall school environment in regards to management and communication style, and physical environment to make recommendations to improve school functioning.
- Provide support to implement recommendations.
Provide Professional Development on topics such as:
- Improving teacher student interactions.
- Teaching students while respecting different learning styles.
- Using the results of evaluations and assessments to inform instruction.
- The fundamentals and benefits of utilizing Mindfulness practices in education.
For schools specifically interested in a Mindfulness Program:
- Implementing a Mindfulness Program at school.
- Ongoing instruction and support of staff, as well as monitoring of its implementation.
Empirically supported benefits of a Mindfulness Based Program for both students and teachers:
- Emotional balance.
- Response flexibility.
- Improved focus and concentration.
- Self-monitoring of behavior.
- Increase of empathy.
- Decreased stress overall and especially around testing.
Articles about Mindfulness Programs in Schools:
Please contact me for more information